ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 1.2.0/Eclipse 3.2.2: source attachments are working, Javadocs are not
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 06:14:34 GMT
On 7/5/07, Dmitriy Korobskiy <dkroot1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There were previous discussions on this list about source and Javadoc
> attachments. I was able to make source attachments work, using double
> extensions, but could not make Javadocs work.
>
> Here is the test case I have isolated:
>
> 1. IvyDE preferences:
>
> Accepted types = jar,zip
> Sources types = src
> Javadoc types = javadoc
>
> 2. Repository:
>
> <HOME>\apache\commons-collections\commons-
> collections-3.2\commons-collections-3.2.jar
> <HOME>\apache\commons-collections\commons-
> collections-3.2\commons-collections-3.2.javadoc.zip
> <HOME>\apache\commons-collections\commons-
> collections-3.2\commons-collections-3.2.src.zip
>
> 3. Ivy file for Apache Commons 3.2:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="ivy-doc.xsl"?>
> <ivy-module version="1.4" xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="
> ivy.xsd">
>   <info organisation="apache" module="commons-collections" revision="3.2"
> status="release"/>
>   <configurations>
>     <conf name="default"/>
>     <conf name="ide" description="JavaDoc and sources"/>
>   </configurations>
>   <publications>
>     <artifact name="commons-collections" type="jar" conf="default,ide"/>
>     <artifact name="commons-collections" type="src" ext="src.zip"
> conf="ide"/>
>     <artifact name="commons-collections" type="javadoc" ext="javadoc.zip"
> conf="ide"/>
>   </publications>
> </ivy-module>
>
> 4. Project Ivy file (I have simplified it a bit for this test case by
> removing
> unnecessary parts):
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <ivy-module version="1.3" xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="
> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
>   <info organisation="DK" module="samplesj2ee"/>
>   <configurations>
>     <!--conf name="compile"/-->
>     <!-- conf name="ide" extends="compile"/ -->
>     <conf name="ide"/>
>   </configurations>
>   <!--dependencies defaultconf="compile->default;ide->ide(default)" -->
>   <dependencies>
>     <dependency org="apache" name="commons-collections" rev="3.2"
> conf="ide"/>
>   </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>
> 5. Now, when I add Ivy library to a project, I have sources successfully
> attached,
> but Javadocs are not.
>
> If anybody made it work (which was mentioned in some previous threads), I
> wonder
> what setup worked for you and what is not working in the setup above.

Indeed, I've never had the javadoc working either; but didn't really care,
since it only prevent from opening external javadoc when you have source
attached. But I'm currently investigating on this issue and I think I've
found the problem. I'll check in a fix in a moment, but it will only be
available on IvyDE trunk (which works with Ivy trunk).

Xavier

Dmitriy <1-127-441 @ICQ, DKroot @Skype>

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/