ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: organizing 3rd party jars in the Ivy Repository
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:11:43 GMT
On 7/5/07, Bhatia Saurabh <Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:

> Thanks Xavier.
>
> If my directory structure is /eclipse/birt/core/<revision>/core.jar.
> How can I express this in my info element for this 3rd party dependency ?
>
> e.g is this valid in the info element ?
>
> <ivy-module version="1.0">
> <info organisation="eclipse" module="birt/core" revision="xxx"/>
> <publications>
>         <artifact name="core" type="jar"/>
> </publications>
> <dependencies>
> </dependencies>
> <conflicts>
>     <manager name="ofac-cm" org="ofac"/>
>     <manager name="latest-revision" org="(?!ofac).*"/>
> </conflicts>
> </ivy-module>

It seems to be valid, but it depends on your pattern in your settings.

Or am I obliged to change my directory structure to:
> /eclipse/birt/<revision> to have the following info element ?
> <info organisation="eclipse" module="birt" revision="xxx"/>

This another solution.

It seems the path "sans revision" is confined to organisation and module ie
> just 2 attributes?. Cant I express long namespaces like--
> /eclipse/birt/core/xxxx/yyyy/zzzzz/<revision>
> In my <info> element ?

You can use slashes in org or module, so only two attributes is usually
enough. You can also use dots in organization, and use m2 compatible to
convert dots to slashes. Finally you can also add extra attributes if you
want more than 2 attributes. My preference would be organisation="
eclipse.birt" module="core", with m2compatible set to true. But maybe it's
because I use the m2 repository more and more :-)

Xavier

Many thanks for taking the time.