ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insert JAR into Ivy's cache?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 07:15:30 GMT
On 7/5/07, hezjing <hezjing@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Ivy failed to download jta.jar because the JAR can't be inserted in
> the Maven repository due to the Sun's Binary License.
>
> May I know how do we insert this JAR to Ivy's cache manually?

Do you come from maven landscape? Maven favors the insertion of modules in
its local repository which is also its cache. We don't.  The cache is only a
cache, and has such it should alaways be possible to clean it entirely
without risking to make a build fail and to add modules again to the cache.
That's why you should add jta.jar to a local repository, or better a
repository shared by your team. I suggest reading this tutorial:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/tutorial/defaultconf.html

It explains a little bit about local repository.

BTW, for jta.jar, an even easier way to get it is to use a maven repository
where it is available. For instance here:
http://dist.codehaus.org/mule/dependencies/maven2

To do so you need to tweak your settings to have both the official maven 2
repo and this one in a chain.

Take the option you prefer!

Xavier

--