ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.0.0-alpha-1
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:01:03 GMT
On 7/3/07, Tjeerd Verhagen <tjeerd.verhagen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the same question arrised to me, as I find the names also no so self
> explaining
>

> ivy-core-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating.jar  -->  The Ivy core system
> ivy-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating.jar  --> The Ivy core system + The Ant tasks
>
> So when using in combination with Ant the ivy-2*.jar is enough.

Indeed, we plan to review the packaging before 2.0 final. The current
packaging is mainly historical, Ivy was previously packaged as only one jar
(ivy-[version].jar). Then the need for a jar without the Ant tasks raised
for IvyDE, and we created the "core", which isn't really what we call the
core in development. In development the core is what can be built without
dependencies, and our build script first builds the core, then use the
freshly built core to resolve Ivy optional dependencies, and then build the
parts of Ivy depending on these optional dependencies. So we may change the
artifact names and packaging in coming versions.

Xavier

On 7/3/07, hezjing <hezjing@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > The apache-ivy-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating-bin.tar.gz contains 2 JARs
> >
> > 1) ivy-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating.jar
> > 2) ivy-core-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating.jar
> >

> > May I know what is the different between these 2 JARs?
> >
> > Should I copy both JARs into $ANT_HOME/lib?
> >

> > --
> >
> > Hez

Creator of Ivy, xooki and xoocode.org
More about me: http://xhab.blogspot.com/