ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.0.0-alpha-1
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 06:52:06 GMT
On 7/3/07, hezjing <hezjing@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The apache-ivy-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating-bin.tar.gz contains 2 JARs
>
> 1) ivy-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating.jar
> 2) ivy-core-2.0.0-alpha-1-incubating.jar
>

> May I know what is the different between these 2 JARs?

Sure, sorry this isn't explained in the documentation. The ivy-core contains
all Ivy classes but those related to Ant.  It is useful mainly to use Ivy in
embedded mode. The other jar contains all Ivy classes, this is the jar you
should put in your ant lib.

Xavier

Should I copy both JARs into $ANT_HOME/lib?

> --
>
> Hez

Creator of Ivy, xooki and xoocode.org
More about me: http://xhab.blogspot.com/