ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source [war] in eclipse IvyDE
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:26:26 GMT
On 7/2/07, John Gill <llignhoj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok thanks Xavier. I'll give that a try.
>
> I think that implementing a built in classifier attribute in ivy would be
> the way to go, but it would be nice if it could be used even if you aren't
> using maven.

If we support it for maven, you'll be able to use it even if you don't use
maven, no problem. But I don't know if it makes sense to add yet another
standard attribute on the artifact. We already have the name, ext and type,
and usually this is enough. The problem we face here is more in the
flexibility of patterns. Supporting conditional patterns (IVY-324) would
allow to specify one pattern for source artifacts, and nother one for jar
artifacts, and so on. I'd prefer this as a solution to the problem rather
than making classifier a standard attribute.

Xavier