ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Tjeerd Verhagen" <tjeerd.verha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.0.0-alpha-1
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:44:57 GMT

> On 7/3/07, Tjeerd Verhagen <tjeerd.verhagen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would go for names like
> >
> > ivy-core (or just ivy) and
>
> Using just ivy would be confusing for old ivy users, who were used to have
> everything in this jar.

Yes, you're right there!

ivy-ant

> I prefer ivy-full or ivy-all, it's more self explaining IMO. Indeed we
> could
> have a jar with no optional thing at all (this would be the core), then a
> jar with all optional things but ant related one (used for IvyDE or
> embedded), and a jar with everything (used in most cases, including in
> Ant).
>
> WDYT?

If I understand the last bit correct, this would create another jar?

IMO the real problem, is not the fact that there are multple jars, but
what's in what jar and which jar is intended for what (at least for me it
was at the beging). So a little readme.txt / jars_readme.txt, inside the
jars directory (and also somewhere in the manual) would be appreciated,
explaining the purpos of the defferend jars. (The jars_readme.txt can easily
created by some ant 'echo' tasks.)

Then the names of the jars become also less important :)

Tjeerd

Xavier