ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source in eclipse IvyDE
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:23:46 GMT
Hm, sorry it's not working for you Alex. I must admit, I went thought a
little pain and suffering to get it to work myself (until I caught on that
the name of the artifact must be the same for the source and the library.
Another thing I found is that it is important to clean out your cache if you
are changing your repository ivy.xml file, and sometimes I found I had to
restart eclipse otherwise it became confused (or more likely I was confused
:-)

In addition, I haven't actually tried the ext="src.jar", but someone else
claimed that worked. The reason I like the "src.jar" idea for an extension
is that I don't really like the fact that I have two jars with the same name
(one with source in in and another with classes in it). Having a
mylib.jar(which contains the class files) and a
mylib.src.jar (which obviously contains the java files) seems a lot more
obvious.

Keep playing around with it. It really does work.

--
Regards,
John Gill