ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gregoire Henry <ghynxm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:27:25 GMT
Gilles, I agree with your explanation, but are you effectively saying
that you can use a such produced files in a build for another project ?
or for another build in the same project .. I can't imagine a use case
for that .. can you explain me this practice ?

Maarten : unfortunatly we are still using (in production) the 1.4.1
release ... planning to switch to 2.0.0 as soon as the ivy team can
release it ;-)

Gilles Scokart a écrit :
> By the way, the reason to keep those files in the cache is to allow to
> reuse them an other build execution.  When you launch a resolve
> (explicitely or implicitely), you can either provide an ivy file (the
> usual case that make a real resolve), or you can specify a module name
> and its organisation.  In this second case, the xml file you are
> mentioning will be used used instead of the ivy file, the result of
> the previous resolve execution will be used.
>
> We should maybe make that optional.
>
> Gilles
>
> 2007/7/27, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>:
>
>> You could use the resolveId attribute on the ant tasks to solve your problem. This
attribute has been introduced in ivy-2.0.0-alpha1.

>> When you use the resolveId, the generated xml files are [resolveId]-[conf].xml.
>> If you choose a unique resolveId for each build (you could use a timestamp as part
of the resolveId for instance), you are sure that you don't have a conflict regarding these
XML files.