ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gregoire Henry <>
Subject problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:21:14 GMT

I have a problem with the files created by ivy in the cache during the
resolve phase ..
Ivy create some files nammed [org]-[module]-[conf].xml in the cache ,
should'nt those files be created in a temporary location outside of the
cache, and preferably in project specific directory   ?

My use case is the following

We have a Continuous Build Server who can build at the same time several
different build from the same project ....
In my build i create a clean.resolve task for deleting the
[org]-[module]-[conf].xml files at the beginnig of each build ... as we
can have multiple build at the same time for the same project
I sometime have some build failled because of the deletion of this files
by another starting build ...

I still have created different cache location for my different project ,
but this use case should drive me to create a different cache for each
build !!!

Have you a solution for that ?
would it be possible to have an ivy.temp.dir properties ?
Is there a different implementation in 2.0.0 ?

View raw message