ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why does ivy:install populate the cache?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:16:29 GMT
sorry i think my comment was a little confused. i was in the midst of
trying to find a way to be able to set a global default for the
useOrigin attr, for the tasks that use it. anyways ...

if you look at InstallEngine.java, line 139:

/            resolveEngine.downloadArtifacts(report,
getCacheManager(cache), *false*, artifactFilter);/

it passes a hard coded value of false for useOrigin. that means that
ivy:install will always populate the cache. this just seems wrong. the
cache shouldn't be populated when an artifact is being installed, right?

regardless, this doesn't solve the larger problem for me. trying to
implement a settable global default for useOrigin proved to be more
challenging than i thought.