ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching URL Resolver
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:48:34 GMT
* Xavier Hanin:
> On 7/31/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm using [1]Hudson  to build my projects, and wish  to expose the
> > repository of built  modules via HTTP to the  developers.  I could
> > setup an Url  Resolver in the settings file for  this, but does it
> > mean the  remote repository  will be hit  every time  Ivy resolves
> > dependencies?
>

> No, the repository will be hit only when the revision is not cached, or your
> use a dynamic version constraint (eg latest.integration) or a changing
> revision (changing="true").

Yes sorry for not being clear: the released versions of the
artifacts are already versioned and checked out locally, I was
more interested in the development or integration versions of
artifacts.

> > At  the  ApacheCon we  talked  about  the  possibility to  have  a
> > smart caching  strategy that  would allow for  instance to  set an
> > expiration of one hour, so that the remote repository is looked up
> > at most once  per hour. Any progress on this?
>

> No progress yet, this is part of the things we think about strongly in
> IVY-399, but we have not yet reached a consensus on when we will address
> this issue.

OK, so for now I'll still be reverting to the good old
rsync/sitecopy scheduler every hour.

Thanks,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot