ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:35:20 GMT

Quoting Gregoire Henry <ghynxmail@gmail.com>:

> not exactly true .. let's say you have 2 version of the same project
> (say 1.0 and 1.1) , you could have collision between the generated
> files as there is no version number in file name (this is our case) ...

Good point. I stand corrected with my previous statement "...normally
I don't see happening between concurrent builds..."  (I still think
the use cases _for_
reusing resolution files happen more frequently, but yours is as valid as any)

I know there is the resolveId based solution, but ideally the build
script shouldn't have
to worry about it at all, because ivy already allows to specify a
branch name in an
ivy.xml ("1.0" and "1.1" in your case), but doesn't actually use it in
encoding the
resolution file name.  Looks to me this calls for a JIRA issue.

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue