ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Caching URL Resolver
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:55:32 GMT
Hello Ivy users,

I'm using [1]Hudson  to build my projects, and wish  to expose the
repository of built  modules via HTTP to the  developers.  I could
setup an Url  Resolver in the settings file for  this, but does it
mean the  remote repository  will be hit  every time  Ivy resolves
dependencies?

At  the  ApacheCon we  talked  about  the  possibility to  have  a
smart caching  strategy that  would allow for  instance to  set an
expiration of one hour, so that the remote repository is looked up
at most once  per hour. Any progress on this?  Or  the current Url
Resolver will do the job decently already?

Thanks in advance,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty