ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:16:41 GMT

Quoting Gregoire Henry <ghynxmail@gmail.com>:

> Gilles, I agree with your explanation, but are you effectively saying
> that you can use a such produced files in a build for another project ?
> or for another build in the same project .. I can't imagine a use case
> for that .. can you explain me this practice ?

I would imagine that, for any given (org, module, conf), the
resolution information (i.e. the xml file produced) is only specific
to, well, the org+module+conf, but _not_ to any particular build or
project.  That information only becomes out-dated when the
corresponding ivy.xml has been changed, which normally I don't see
happening between concurrent builds.  Between different projects, it
wouldn't be an issue at all because another project would have a
different module id and hence a completely different set of resolution
files, wouldn't it?

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue