ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: <exclude> example?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:17:09 GMT

Hi!

On Friday 13 July 2007, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 7/13/07, hezjing <hezjing@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > It would be very helpful if you can add examples for <exclude> in
> > http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/ivyfile/exclude.html
>
> Could you open a jira issue for that? And if you have examples, you can
> even provide a patch to the page, it's pretty easy to contribute
> documentation if you follow this doc:
> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/write-doc.html

A) At least in 1.4.1 the exclusion modules does not work. Caused by using
DefaultArtifact.newIvyArtifact in IvyNode.isDependencyModuleExcluded. The new
ivy artifact as currently being used is lateron on exclusion checking
compared with the exclude definition ... and that fails always due to the
fixed name/type "ivy" and ext "xml" of the default ivy artifact.

I patched DefaultArtifact by adding:

    public static Artifact newCheckModuleExcludeArtifact(ModuleRevisionId
mrid, Date pubDate) {
        return new DefaultArtifact(mrid, pubDate, "*", "*", "*");
    }

next to newIvyArtifact and using this method instead from
IvyNode.isDependencyModuleExcluded. SInce having done this, exclusion now
works for me (but I would appreciate very much someone wuold review my
change - I will open an issue on monday on that and attach my changes there
in more detail).

Note 1: this affects only complete module's exclusion as defined with
<exclude module="xyz"/> within an dependency. Exclusion of artifacts seem to
work for me

Note 2: No idea if this affects 2.0 trunk, too, as there is no stable release
of that, yet, I did stop testing with that some time ago.

B) Another pitfall on exclusion is when wanting to exclude something being
resolved by multiple dependencies: it will go only with excluding it on
*every* dependency the module is resolved with.

C) And finally in my very complex environment I still get exactly one
exclusion not working ... but I have to debug it down to detect the
cause ... . So there might be another bug  - but it is more probable that I
have defined something wrong/incompleet and do not see this, yet (most
problems like that I could reveal only by debugging - outputs did not help
very much on such problems)

D) When just talking about exclusions: I would appreciate it very much if the
exclusions having taken place on resolve became part of the resolve report.
But I will request this by an issue ...

Regards and have a nice wekend,
Johannes Stamminger

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647