ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Can filesystem resolver support usePOMs?
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 09:30:27 GMT
I have this chain (returnFirst=true): cache -> local filesystem ->
official ibiblio.

The local filesystem repository hosts my own artifacts _and_ some open
source ones whose poms are broken in ibiblio. Now the problem is since
FileSystemResolver doesn't support usePoms, whatever artifacts I copy
over from ibiblio lose their transitive dependencies.

I know I could set up a proxy to ibiblio and publish the artifacts I
wish to override there instead, but it's much more hassle to maintain
and then I can't declare the proxy repository as "local", and in turn
won't be able to "useOrigin" later in the paths.

>From the resolver class hierarchy standpoint, since all the
AbstractResourceResolver subclasses can be m2compatible and hence
basically maven2 aware, I wonder if it makes sense to make any
AbstractResourceResolver - in my particular case the FileSystemResolver
- support usePoms.

--
Jing Xue