ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bhatia <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject Re: artifact and ivy pattern
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:42:28 GMT

Well, thanks again Xavier. I should have tried that one too.


Xavier Hanin wrote:
> 
> On 7/17/07, bhatia <Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:
>>
>>
>> I tried putting multiple patterns in my ivyconf.xml (as shown below) but
>> Ivy
>> still complains; I dont know what I am doing wrong though.
>>
>> <ivyconf>
>>         <conf defaultResolver="shared"/>
>>     <!-- on utilise un seul repertoire comme cellier -->
>>         <property name="cellier" value="I:/shared" />
>>         <!-- pour ne pas genener les checksums -->
>>         <property name="ivy.checksums" value="" />
>>         <resolvers checksums="false">
>>                 <filesystem name="shared">
>>                     <ivy
>>
>> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[revision]).[ext],
>> ${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>>                         <artifact
>>
>> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[revision]).[ext],
>> ${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"
>> />
>>                 </filesystem>
>>         </resolvers>
> 
> 
> Mmm, this is not the way to provide multiple patterns, I should have told
> you:
>                 <filesystem name="shared">
>                     <ivy
> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[revision]).[ext]"/>
>                     <ivy
> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>                     <artifact
> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[revision]).[ext]"
> />
>                     <artifact
> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"
> />
>                 </filesystem>
> 
> Xavier
> 
>>         <classpath file
>> ="I:/shared/ofac/OFACDependencies/HEAD/jars/OFACDependencies.jar"/>
>>
>>     <!-- strategie qui considere que CURRENT est plus recent que HEAD qui
>> est plus recent que prod etc...
>>          OfacLatestStrategyTest donne une bonne idee de son comportement.
>> -->
>>         <typedef name="ofac-latest-strategy" classname =
>> "ch.ofac.ivy.latest.OfacLatestStrategy"/>
>>     <latest-strategies>
>>        <ofac-latest-strategy name="ofac-latest" />
>>         </latest-strategies>
>>
>>     <!-- Conflict manager qui utilise la strategie definie plus haut -->
>>     <conflict-managers>
>>        <latest-cm  name="ofac-cm" latest="ofac-latest"/>
>>        <latest-revision name="latest-revision"/>
>>     </conflict-managers>
>>
>> </ivyconf>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Xavier Hanin wrote:
>> >
>> > On 7/17/07, bhatia <Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Hello,
>> >>
>> >> IF I use the [artifact].[ext] pattern, I cant publish my artifacts
>> with
>> >> the
>> >> revision attribute. If I add the revision attribute like:
>> >> [artifact]-[revision].[ext] or [artifact](-[revision]).[ext] then Ivy
>> >> expects to find all my artifacts with a revision e.g. Ivy expects to
>> find
>> >> jradius-client-1.0.jar instead of jradius-client.jar and therefore
>> fails
>> >> to
>> >> download artifacts.
>> >>
>> >> <filesystem name="shared">
>> >>        <ivy
>> >>
>> >>
>> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>> >>        <artifact
>> >>
>> >>
>> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"
>> >> />                      </filesystem>
>> >>
>> >> I have versioned all 3rd party jars in the repository but I havent
>> added
>> >> revsion numbers manually renaming each jar which I dont imagine I will
>> >> need
>> >> to do. As far as our proprietory artifacts are concerned, I want to
>> >> publish
>> >> them with the [revision] attribute.
>> >>
>> >> Is there a solution that would allow my publishings with a revision
>> >> attribute but will be lenient with the 3rd party jars which dont have
>> a
>> >> revision attribute in their filename ?
>> >
>> >
>> > You can put several patterns in your filesystem resolver, one with a
>> > revision, one without. This will be less efficient for artifacts
>> requiring
>> > the second pattern though (but usually filesystem based repository are
>> > pretty fast, so this might not be an issue. The solution to improve the
>> > perf
>> > is to use two resolver, one for third party and one for internal,
>> > configured
>> > appropriately, and use the modules section in your settings file to
>> tell
>> > ivy
>> > how to use both.
>> >
>> > See
>> > http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/configuration/module.html
>> >
>> > Xavier
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>> >> Saurabh
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> View this message in context:
>> >>
>> http://www.nabble.com/artifact-and-ivy-pattern-tf4095392.html#a11644892
>> >> Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
>> > http://xhab.blogspot.com/
>> > http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
>> > http://www.xoocode.org/
>> >
>> >
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/artifact-and-ivy-pattern-tf4095392.html#a11646395
>> Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
> 
> 
> -- 
> Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
> http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
> http://www.xoocode.org/
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/artifact-and-ivy-pattern-tf4095392.html#a11647646
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message