ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Charman <onl...@charman.net.nz>
Subject How to setup IvyDE when using dependent projects in Eclipse?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:51:54 GMT

Project B depends on Project A.  In Eclipse, the build path for project B
includes project A.  In project B's ivy.xml file we also define a dependency
on project A. When I "Add Ivy Library" with IvyDE, the result is that
project B's build path includes both eclipse project A and A.jar (in the
IvyDE classpath container).

To work around this, I have defined an "ide" configuration within my
ivy.xml, excluded the A.jar dependency from the "ide" conf, and configured
IvyDE to use the "ide" conf.  This works OK, but is quite limiting.  For
example, I'd also like to exclude A.jar from my "test" conf, but only when
running in Eclipse.  It also seems "bad" since the documentation states that
you should use "exclude" only for dependencies for which you do not control
the ivy.xml.

Is there a better solution to this problem?

Cheers
Nigel