ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From bhatia <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject reducing artifact payload size
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:50:03 GMT

Hello,

I am integrating IvyDE in eclipse and also in the system build process. The
problem is that the payload size balloons into 100 MBs+ after recovering all
my transitive dependencies and then packaging them into a war.

I basically Ivy retrieve all transitive deps into my /WEB-INF/lib, compile
the project and make a war file from it. For highly dependant projects, my
war file is running into 400Mb+.

What is the best strategy to deal with this ? Can IBM Websphere app server
run into problems at such payload levels ? I believe there must be some
better way to manage Dependency Hell.

Thanks
Saurabh