ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i call ivy:configure multiple times with different configuration files(which in turn refers different ivy.xmls)?
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:45:40 GMT
2007/6/25, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>:

> By the way, note that writting <ivy:settings/> actually doesn't do
> > anything.  Your resolve will indeed use the default settings, but not
> > because of your declaration of <ivy:settings/>.  What will happen in
> > the resolve is that the task will search for the default id
> > "ivy.instance", and will not found anything.  In that case, it creates
> > this default settings and will use it.
>

> I think this is counter intuitive. Why the <ivy:settings /> doesn't use the
> default id used by the resolve? Or maybe I'm missing something?
>
> Xavier

It is counter intuitive for people migrating from 1.4, I agree.

It's because ivy:settings is a ant datatype, and there is no way to
way to hook the code that register himself with a default id.

A work around might be to make it a Task instead of a dataype.  That
would allow to implement what you describe.

--
Gilles SCOKART