ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: product submodules
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 06:48:26 GMT
That's the right aproach when all submodules are build together (which
seems to be the case here because there is a single revision number).

However, if you have lot of submodules with complex
inter-dependencies, it might be difficult to setup and maintain
everything in a single ivy file.

The other alternative is to use one ivy.xml per submodules.  Nothing
prevent you to release all those submodules together with the same
revision number.

And concerning the pattern that you want to use :
organization/product/revision/submodule.  You should try to setup the
m2compatible flag to true (See [1]), and put "XXX.PPP" in the org
field of your dependency declaration in the ivy files.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/resolver/filesystem.html

Gilles