ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: artifacts of evicted module
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:00:48 GMT
A priori, I would say that's a bug.  You can raise a jira issue.
As a temprary workaround, you can try to put an empty jar in your repository.

Gilles

2007/6/15, Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stamminger@astrium.eads.net>:

> Hi,
>

> we just try to switch our dependencies management to use ivy (v1.4.1).
>
> Today we were faced with a problem with the default conflict management of
> artifacts provided by an evicted module.
>
> The situation as it presents to us seems to be like:
>
> moduleA-1.0 provides artifactA
> moduleA-2.0 provides artifactB (important: the artifact's name, not (only)
> it's version, changed)
>
> moduleB-1.0 depends on moduleA-1.0
>
> moduleC-1.0 depends on moduleA-2.0
> moduleC-1.0 depends on moduleB-1.0
>
> In that case there is a conflict and the default conflict manager resolution
> is to evict moduleA-1.0. But still it is tried to download artifactA - but
> from moduleA-2.0's directory ... and of course this fails.
>
> Is this expected bahaviour?
> Or do you expect some wrong definitions in our ivy configurations to cause
> this?
>

> Regards,
> Johannes Stamminger
> --
> Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]
> ------ ----<--{(@ ------------------                        EADS ASTRIUM
> Koenigsberger Str. 17, 28857 Barrien           Ground System Eng. (TE55)
> +49 4242 169582 (Tel + FAX)              Huenefeldstr. 1-5, 28199 Bremen
> +49 174 7731593 (Mobile)             +49 421 539 4152 (Tel) / 4378 (FAX)
>
> This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
> Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert
Dudok (Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer

--
Gilles SCOKART