ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How-to build an enterprise repository with source-attachments ...
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 07:49:38 GMT
2007/6/4, Frank Kemmer <frank.kemmer@gmail.com>:
> I am trying to build an enterprise repository for a customer. Usually
> I try to bring new Ivy Modules via <ivy:install> into the enterprise
> repository. I am using the <ibiblio>-Resolver in m2-compatibility
> mode, since <ivyrep> does not describe the artifacts and JARs I need
> and the fallback uses Maven1 instead of Maven2 compatibility mode.
>
> The dependency resolution work's fine most of the time but I don't
> understand some details in the retrieved or generated Ivy-Files, resp.
> First the status is always status="integration". Why isn't it
> status="release"? Can I modify this behaviour?

For this point, I don't know.  I also think that the default should be
release.  integration should be used when it is a snaphot version.

The only suggestion I have is :
- Waiting if someone else can answer it.
- Raising a jira issue if required.
- Looking into the sources and posting a patch.

> Where do the many configurations come from?

Same here.  I guess this info should be found in the doc.

> Another problem I experienced: Some projects have Source Attachments
> defined in Maven2 for their binary distribution jar. I think, the
> source artifact description can be found in the Maven POM. How can I
> /convince/ Ivy to use this information, to add the source artifacts to
> the given Ivy module at hand?

I thought the -src.jar were not present in the pom.xml.  I thought
that the link between the two could only be deduced from the layout.
Did you have an example of src declared in the pom?

> And even worse: what have I todo, if I want to add the source
> artifacts by hand if they are not described in the Maven2 Repository?
> Does anybody have some solutions to add sources automatically or do I
> really need to modify the generated Ivy file by hand?

You can maybe try to use a dual resolver (see
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/resolver/dual.html).  The first
subresolver pointing to your enterprise repository to find the
ivy.xml.  The second pointing to ibiblio (or an enterprise cache of
ibiblio).

You can maybe also try to combine that with some chain resolver.

> Personally I would prefer a solution where I write a second Ivy file
> for the source artifacts, which says that it contains the sources for
> another Ivy module and publish this Ivy /source/ module to the
> enterprise repository in addition. And the most important thing: this
> description should help IvyDE to find the source artifacts if a
> project has described a dependeny on the corresponding binary
> artifact.
>
> Any ideas? I really appreciate your support. Thanx for any help in advance.
>
> By the way, could anybody successfully attach Javadocs via the IvyDE
> plugin in Eclipse? I failed miserably ... :)
>
> P.S.: Forgive me my spelling mistakes, since English is not my native language.

Thanks to use ivy.
PS: Don't worry about your english.  It's better than mine ;-)

--
Gilles SCOKART