ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Saurabh" <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject RE: file name changes after resolve
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:43:51 GMT
U r right. Axis being an external jar, it doesnt have an ivy file, so when ivy does a resolve
from the rep to the cache, it changes its file-name.

The problem is however, also linked to my projects that do have an ivy file in which for every
dependency, I have specified the following:

<dependencies>
    <dependency org="ofac" name="OFACPool" rev="prod" changing="true"/>
 </dependencies>

Now, when ivy does a resolve to the cache, it changes the filename to OFACPool-prod.jar; I
wanted to keep the filenames same as in the repository since the revision part I would like
to keep to myself and Ivy and would have preferred to maintain the same file names.

Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks

-----Message d'origine-----
De : John Gill [mailto:llignhoj@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi, 7. juin 2007 14:37
À : ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Objet : Re: file name changes after resolve

What does the ivy.xml file look like for axis?

My guess is that it is expecting you to use [revision] in the pattern, and
wants to store in the cache with a revision. There is also a cache pattern
in the settings file. cacheArtifactPattern defaults to
[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext] so if you have
no revision in your ivy.xml for axis, it will be as if it is
[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-.[ext] which is what you are
getting.

You really need a revision specified otherwise it all breaks down.

--
Regards,
John Gill