ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com>
Subject Relationship between branches, revisions; integration, and release.
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:36:17 GMT
In an earlier thread on "best repository layout" a suggestion was made
by Xavier where I should consider how to handle branches, and also how
to handle integation and releases.

>From what I can determine this comes down to two settings:

A. the status fields in the ivys files in the repository
B. the [branch] vs [release] attributes in the patterns

Would then it make sense to do something like the following? (wondering
if I pulled the concepts together correctly).

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ivyconf>
  <resolvers>
    <url name="public-resolver">
      <ivy
pattern="http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/release/[organisation]/[module]/[
revision]/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml"/>
      <artifact
pattern="http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/release/[organisation]/[module]/[
revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
      <artifact
pattern="http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/release/[organisation]/[module]/[
revision]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
      <artifact
pattern="http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/integration/[organisation]/[modul
e]/[branch]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
      <artifact
pattern="http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/integration/[organisation]/[modul
e]/[branch]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
    </url>
  </resolvers>
</ivyconf>

Here, nothing is released unless it has a number, otherwise it is always
on a branch, even if the branch were "mainline". And, we partition the
ivyrep between release and integration, which may make it easier to
manage.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Bob