ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Kemmer" <frank.kem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How-to build an enterprise repository with source-attachments ...
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:22:51 GMT
> > Another problem I experienced: Some projects have Source Attachments
> > defined in Maven2 for their binary distribution jar. I think, the
> > source artifact description can be found in the Maven POM. How can I
> > /convince/ Ivy to use this information, to add the source artifacts to
> > the given Ivy module at hand?
>
> I thought the -src.jar were not present in the pom.xml.  I thought
> that the link between the two could only be deduced from the layout.
> Did you have an example of src declared in the pom?

You are right. No info in the POM. It's just by convention of the
artifact name in the same directory. But the ibiblio resolver could
use this layout to generate a corresponding ivy file ... but doesn't
... :)

Currently I think, that it is best, to setup the enterprise repository
by hand. Downloading every JAR by hand and writing a mini project to
publish it into the enterprise repository. This is a little bit
frustrating but seems to be the most stable & safe approach.

Currently we are working on a project to generate ivy.xml files by
analyzing the real JAR dependencies (we use the jaranalyzer). For the
next enterprise repo I will use that approach ... :)