ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Scott Goldstein <sgoldst...@apache.org>
Subject Re: submodule dependencies
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:38:14 GMT
Thank you for your help.

  Yes, my original thought was to use the conf mechanism.  However, as Xavier suggested, i
do need configurations at the submodule level.  In addition, the complexity of the project
makes declaring and maintaining confs at the product level difficult.  I do understand that
this is a sign that the architecture of our product needs some refactoring.  That's on my
list of things to do.

  Though, the "extra attributes" mechanism sounds like it would work perfectly.  Thanks for
pointing that out.

  Scott

Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:
  On 6/25/07, John Gill wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just specify a different conf for
> each sub module artifact?

This has been suggested in another thread (the same message has been posted
twice). But Scott may need configurations in sub modules, in which case
configuration support of Ivy may be too limited (no way to express
configuration intersections for instance).

Xavier

On 6/25/07, Gilles Scokart wrote:

> [...]

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/