ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Nascif Abousalh-Neto" <Nascif.AbousalhN...@sas.com>
Subject RE: repreport output - no edges?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:20:19 GMT
Thanks for the tip, and sorry for the obvious mistake.

I got repreport to work now after adding the <ivy pattern> to my configuration.
Unfortunately it doesn't include any information on the versions and configurations, just
the node names and the dependency arcs. I was hoping I would see a graph similar to the one
generated by the report task, like this one:
http://www.jaya.free.fr/misc/ivy/samples/projects-dependencies-graph.jpg

It would really be useful once you have multiple versions installed to have a report that
shows how they depend on each other (A v1.0 depends on B v4.0, A v1.1 depends on B v4.6, etc).

Two follow-up comments:
1) In the process of tinkering with multi-project example, I believe I found a small problem.
In the top build.xml file, it defines "clean" as:

  <target name="clean" depends="clean-all" description="clean tutorial: delete repository,
ivy cache, and all projects">
    <delete dir="repository"/>
    <delete dir="ivy-cache"/>
  </target>

Shouldn't it be:
  <target name="clean" depends="clean-all" description="clean tutorial: delete repository,
ivy cache, and all projects">
    <delete dir="repository"/>
    <delete dir="${user.home}/.ivy/cache"/>
  </target>

I searched for an Ant property that points to the ivy cache location but I couldn't find one.
I know it can be set in ivyconf, it could be useful to have it also available in a property
to allow  for example for the cleaning of the cache.

2) The HTML reports, although quite nice, do not scale. It is quite easy to generate a report.html
so large that your browser will refuse to load it (or die trying)... a suggestion would be
to take a page from JavaDoc and generate multiple html files with a unifying html that uses
frames to present the whole thing.

Regards,
  Nascif