ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic resolution against proxy
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:07:57 GMT
On 6/28/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build ivy against a maven-proxy (which runs in jetty). I
> changed the ivysettings.xml to use:
> <ibiblio name="public" root="http://myproxyserver/repository/"
> m2compatible="true"/>
>
> And I got an internal server error:
> [ivy:retrieve]  SERVER ERROR: Internal Server Error
> url=
> http://myproxyserver/repository/commons-lang/commons-lang/[1.0,3.0[/commons-lang-[1.0,3.0[.pom
>
> The internal server error itself isn't the point of this email,
> because that's jetty's problem - and in turn mine. 8-)  My question
> here is, does it actually make sense for ivy to actually request this
> pom, knowing it can't really exist.

Since Ivy does not mandate anything about revision names, it always check
the exact revision you ask before evaluating it as a constraint. Fortunately
you can disable that, using alwaysCheckExactRevision="false" on your
resolver.

I wonder if it wouldn't be interesting to change the default value of this
attribute in 2.0, since I think that very few people actually benefit from
it.

WDYT?

Xavier

--