ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repreport output - no edges?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:31:07 GMT
On 6/26/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:

> I was able to make the necessary changes to the multi-project tutorial
> project (1.4.1 version) to get it to work using only local repositories
> (including one that holds the apache common libraries). I struggled a bit
> with the configurations, which I believe were broken/missing in some of the
> files, but in the end I got a top-to-bottom succesful compilation.
>
> Then I proceeded to run the repreport task, and to my disappointment it
> produces a graph with all the nodes - but no edges or version information!
> This is the .dot file:
>

> /* * directed graph dot input file. * * generated by ivy report */
>             digraph G
> {"commons-lang""commons-logging""commons-collections""commons-cli""version""find""size""sizewhere""console""list"}
>
> The .graphml is just like that.
> Any ideas? This is how it looks like in my Ant file:
>
>   <target name="configure">
>     <!-- setup ivy default configuration with some custom info -->
>     <property name="ivy.local.default.root" value="${repository.dir
> }/sas/"/>
>     <property name="ivy.shared.default.root" value="${repository.dir
> }/tpj/"/>
>
>     <!-- here is how we would have configured ivy if we had our own
> ivyconf file -->
>     <ivy:configure file="${common.dir}/ivyconf.xml" />
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="repreport" depends="configure">
>     <ivy:repreport graph="true" dot="true"/>
>   </target>
>
> And ivyconf.xml is:
> <ivyconf>
>   <conf defaultResolver="chain"/>
>   <resolvers>
>     <chain name="chain">
>       <filesystem name="local">
>         <artifact pattern="${repository.dir}/local/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
>       </filesystem>
>       <filesystem name="shared">
>         <artifact pattern="${repository.dir}/shared/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
>       </filesystem>
>       <filesystem name="tpj">
>         <artifact pattern="${repository.dir}/tpj/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
>       </filesystem>
>     </chain>
>   </resolvers>
> </ivyconf>

Your ivyconf doesn't contain pattern for ivy files, so Ivy can't find any
metadata about the modules it finds (and thus no dependencies). You should
add <ivy pattern=""/> to your filesystem resolvers, pointing to your ivy
files, and it should work better.

Please keep us informed of the result.

Xavier

Thanks,