ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: artifacts of evicted module
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:54:53 GMT
On 6/26/07, Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stamminger@astrium.eads.net>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On 6/26/07, Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stamminger@astrium.eads.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hi!

> > 2. actual 1.4.x branch snapshot
> >
> > > a) build with ivy-1.4.1 succeeded
> > > b) eviction is broken there for my configuration as with the 1.4.1
> > > release
>
> I believe in having found this problem's cause, see my comment at
> 26/Jun/07
> 04:30 AM on IVY-537. It would be *very* helpfull for me if someone being
> more
> familiar with the ivy sources than me could acknowledge my proposed
> change!

 I will answer on the issue directly.

> 1.4.x branch only include minor backport of one or two issues. I don't
> even
> > know if we will release it one day, since we can't make an apache
> release
> > out of it (package names, legal issues, ...)
>
> IMHO you should think about this, especially as there is currently no
> other
> stable release available. It does not sound that good on having a actual
> stable release without being able to provide any maintenance releases on
> it ...

Indeed, I agree. Maybe we could release a 1.4.2, but the question is: where
do we host it? Since it wouldn't be an apache release, maybe we could host
it at www.jaya.free.fr (where Ivy 1.4.1 is still hosted). The site over
there is not meant to be maintained (it's only a copy of the old site), so
advertising the release on this site is not very easy. But hosting it
doesn't hurt, and maybe we could just add a statement on the Ivy download
page at apache.

WDYT?

What are those issues being backported (by way of the IVY Jira I cannot
> detect
> them)?

They are listed here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/core/branches/1.4.x/CHANGES.txt

I've also updated the JIRA issues to reflect it.

Xavier

Regards,
> Johannes Stamminger
> --
> !!! NEU/NEW !!!     vvvvvvv
> Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]
> ------ ----<--{(@ ------------------                        EADS ASTRIUM
> Koenigsberger Str. 17, 28857 Barrien           Ground System Eng. (TE55)
> +49 4242 169582 (Tel + FAX)              Huenefeldstr. 1-5, 28199 Bremen
> +49 174 7731593 (Mobile)             +49 421 539 4152 (Tel) / 4378 (FAX)
>
> This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately,
> do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any
> purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
> any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if
> this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
> Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller -
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok (Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo
> Salame Fischer
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen,
> HRB Nr. 107 647

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/