ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publishing and retrieving with ivy - stretching the bounds
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:54:49 GMT
On 6/25/07, Loehr, Ruel <rloehr@pointserve.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>

> I realize I am stretching the bounds of what ivy was designed for, but
> nonetheless, I've ran into some questions.
>

> What I am trying to do:
>

> I have a project which builds an ear.    I use ivy to get the
> dependencies for building it.   That works fine.   What I would like to
> do is publish a few artifacts after this ear is built:
>

> 1)       the ear itself
>
> 2)       a zip of the sql schema changes that go along with that ear
> release
>

> So far so good.    I can both build and publish these items to the
> repository.
>

>     <publications>
>
>        <artifact name="ServiceNetworkManagement" type="ear"
> conf="default"/>
>
>        <artifact name="sql" type="zip" conf="default"/>
>
>     </publications>
>

> Please note I am not publishing an ivy file along with these items.

Why aren't you publishing an ivy file with your module?

Now,   to the cruxt of my problem.   I have another project  where I
> would like to retrieve the above artifacts.
>

>         <dependency org="pointserve" name="ServiceNetworkManagement"
> rev="28.0.0" conf="eso->*">
>
>            <artifact name="bde" type="zip" conf="eso->*" ext="zip"/>
>
>            <artifact name="bdl" type="zip" conf="eso->*" ext="zip"/>
>

>            <artifact name="ServiceNetworkManagement" type="ear"
> ext="zip" conf="eso->*"/>
>
>         </dependency>
>

> Ivy attempts to download
> pointserve/ServiceNetworkManagement/ServiceNetworkManagement.jar.    It
> does not attempt to download the others.

Are you talking about a jar? Or an ear? In your publication section you
declare an ear (type=ear). Here you declare an ear with a zip extension. And
you finally get a jar. A little bit confusing :-) For the other artifacts
Ivy should try to download them, and fail since bde and bdl have not beeen
published (according to your publication section above, only a sql artifact
is published along your ear).  But it's difficult to know, maybe you could
provide more details about your settings (pattern used for instance)?

Xavier

Is this possible to do?  What am I missing here?

> Ruel Loehr
>
> Configuration Management
>

> Pointserve, Inc.
>
> 110 Wild Basin Road