ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <>
Subject Re: submodule dependencies
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:06:19 GMT
On 6/22/07, Scott Goldstein <> wrote:
> I have a use case in which a product contains a number of submodules which
> can be used individually.  So, in essence, the submodules are identified by:
>   organization/product/revision/submodule
>   It doesn't appear that Ivy has such a notion in its depedency resolution
> mechanism.  Am I correct?
>   I could replace one of these tokens with the "branch" element, but I
> don't think that this was the intended purpose.
>   I suppose another approach, here, would be to write a custom
> DependencyResolver in which for the module, I would specify something like
> "product:submodule" and my resolver would split these up and apply them to a
> pattern.
>   Are there any other approaches that would make more sense?

Yes, I think you should better use extra attributes in this case, they are
meant for that and very easy to use. All you have to do is declare a
submodule attribute in your info element of your ivy files, and in your
dependency elements. Then you can use this submodule as a token in your

>   Scott

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!