ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relationship between branches, revisions; integration, and release.
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:11:03 GMT
On 6/7/07, Buck, Robert <rbuck@verisign.com> wrote:

> I'd appreciate an explanation of this one statement. A similar statement
> was made in an archived thread. I thought it referred to 'release'
> versus 'integration' directories. But apparently not, based upon the
> context of your statement.
>
> So, "what directory"? Can you provide an example of the layout?

I'm talking about adding a branch directory in the release repo:
<url name="public-resolver">
     <ivy
pattern="
http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/release/[organisation]/[module]/[branch]/[revision]/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml
"/>
     <artifact
pattern="
http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/release/[organisation]/[module]/[branch]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]
"/>
     <artifact
pattern="
http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/release/[organisation]/[module]/[branch]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
"/>
     <artifact
pattern="
http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/integration/[organisation]/[module]/[branch]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]
"/>
     <artifact
pattern="
http://localhost:20080/ivyrep/integration/[organisation]/[module]/[branch]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
"/>
 </url>

If you don't care about having such a directory (which will end up being
named 'main' or 'HEAD' according to your default branch name setting), this
is the easiest solution for Ivy to know that your release modules are on the
'main' branch (and thus not on any other branch, which is the reason behind
that).

HTH,

Xavier

> I do not want to misunderstand you.