ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy File Publish - "Impossible to publish ivy file when conf is specified"
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:16:59 GMT
Hi,

Indeed Ivy 1.4.1 is not able to publish the ivy file wen you select a conf,
because publishing the ivy file in such a case require to update the ivy
file to remove the configurations which are not published (since the
artifacts are not present, declaring the not published configurations would
imply an inconsistency in your repository. So for the moment your option is
either to generate your ivy file without the not published configurations by
hand, and ask ivy to publish the module based on this generated ivy file
(then you don't need to specify the conf), or use a trunk version of Ivy
since Maarten recently implemented this feature.

Another way would be to review your ivy file to see if you really need to
declare test artifacts. If you want to publish your module without these
artifacts, is there another time where you want to actually publish them. If
it isn't the case, you can simply remove them from your publications
section. Last you can even review your packaging and consider your
configurations as separate modules instead: a module test depending on your
module product. In Ivy a module is something that is supposed to follow the
same revision and publication cycle, that's why publishing only one
configuration wasn't supported so far.

HTH,

Xavier

On 6/4/07, Scott Goldstein <scottnmeg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to publish an ivy file and I'm getting the following warning:
>
>   "WARN: Impossible to publish ivy file when conf is specified
> WARN: Please, set publishivy to false"
>
>   Can someone explain why this is the case?  Here's my scenario:
>
>   I have a build that produces multiple artifacts.  Some of the artifacts
> are product artifacts while others are test artifacts, such as test
> reports.  I have these split up using different configurations.  In this
> particular invocation of publish, I'm trying to publish the product
> artifacts as well as the ivy.xml file.  That way, other libraries can find
> the product artifacts for build dependency purposes.  To do this, my publish
> invocation specifies the product artifacts configuration as well as publish
> ivy equals to true.
>
>   Is this use case not supported?
>
>   Thanks.
>
>   Scott