ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Scott Goldstein <sgoldst...@apache.org>
Subject submodule dependencies
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:55:00 GMT
I have a use case in which a product contains a number of submodules which can be used individually.
 So, in essence, the submodules are identified by:

  organization/product/revision/submodule

  It doesn't appear that Ivy has such a notion in its depedency resolution mechanism.  Am
I correct?

  I could replace one of these tokens with the "branch" element, but I don't think that this
was the intended purpose.

  I suppose another approach, here, would be to write a custom DependencyResolver in which
for the module, I would specify something like "product:submodule" and my resolver would split
these up and apply them to a pattern.

  Are there any other approaches that would make more sense?

  Thanks.

  Scott