ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: out of memory space on a big build
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:32:57 GMT
yes we've seen this. i am not sure it has anything to do w/ Ivy. it is
well noted that the ant and antcall tasks are memory intensive as they
created new classloaders. you can get around this by increasing the
permgen space for java when you run ant ...

$ export ANT_OPTS="$ANT_OPTS -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

you can probably make do w/ something <256M, but it depends on your build.