ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with bad POMs?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:14:03 GMT
nirvdrum wrote:
> Alright.  I can certainly raise issues with them, but the maven tool itself
> is resilient to these types of errors.

well, the tool may be resilient but really the process should be robust
against dirty data getting up on the repository. If you do find
inconsistencies on the central repositories, let us know and we will
take it up with the repository manager (carlos). Normally the team has a
'no updates to published' metadata, but illegal metadata may be a
special case (rather than dependency data, which can be wrong but not
invalid)

-steve