ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <>
Subject publishing and retrieving with ivy - stretching the bounds
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:55:07 GMT
Hey guys,

I realize I am stretching the bounds of what ivy was designed for, but
nonetheless, I've ran into some questions.

What I am trying to do:

I have a project which builds an ear.    I use ivy to get the
dependencies for building it.   That works fine.   What I would like to
do is publish a few artifacts after this ear is built:

1)       the ear itself

2)       a zip of the sql schema changes that go along with that ear

So far so good.    I can both build and publish these items to the

       <artifact name="ServiceNetworkManagement" type="ear"

       <artifact name="sql" type="zip" conf="default"/>

Please note I am not publishing an ivy file along with these items.

Now,   to the cruxt of my problem.   I have another project  where I
would like to retrieve the above artifacts.

        <dependency org="pointserve" name="ServiceNetworkManagement"
rev="28.0.0" conf="eso->*">

           <artifact name="bde" type="zip" conf="eso->*" ext="zip"/>

           <artifact name="bdl" type="zip" conf="eso->*" ext="zip"/>

           <artifact name="ServiceNetworkManagement" type="ear"
ext="zip" conf="eso->*"/>

Ivy attempts to download
pointserve/ServiceNetworkManagement/ServiceNetworkManagement.jar.    It
does not attempt to download the others.

Is this possible to do?  What am I missing here?

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road