ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: out of memory space on a big build
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:14:28 GMT
Lots of things to check:

What are your memory settings set to?  Are you using the defaults?
If so, bump them up and see what happens.  Increase your permgen space.
When does it happen in your build?   As soon as you download
dependencies?
After compilation?

More info required.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:09 AM
To: ivy-user
Subject: out of memory space on a big build

We're running out of memory in a big multi-module build, using rmic and
ivy; its <ivy:configure /> or <rmic> that things break. I've tried ivy
1.4.1 and 2.0.0-alpha1.

1. has anyone else encountered memory consumption problems (out of
permgenspace)?
2. this seems most common on java1.6.

I'm not sure that ivy is the problem here, we will have to track it down

(somehow), and am just checking before doing anything else (like
profiling the build)