ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: artifacts of evicted module
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:44:42 GMT

Hi!

On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Johannes Stamminger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Monday 25 June 2007, Maarten Coene wrote:
> > It's possible that the problem is already fixed by a change I've
> > committed recently...
> >
> > Maarten
>
> Did you provide it related to an issue? Else I would raise another one that
> you might close then again ... just for documentation ... ?
>
> Today I will give the actual repository version a try.

I made some tests with more versions now:

1. actual trunk branch snapshot:

a) Your documentation seems out of date. When using ivy-1.4.1 (see remark on
download page) for building actual snapshot the "ant jar" leads to:

<log>
jstammi@clam:~/Work/ivy/src/ivy$ ant
Buildfile: build.xml

init:

prepare:

compile-core:

compile-ant:

init-ivy:

resolve:
[ivy:retrieve] :: Ivy 1.4.1 - 20061109165313 ::
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/ ::
[ivy:retrieve] impossible to define new type: class not found:
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.VsftpResolver in [] nor Ivy classloader
[ivy:retrieve] impossible to define new type: class not found:
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver in [] nor Ivy classloader
[ivy:retrieve] impossible to define new type: class not found:
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.VfsResolver in [] nor Ivy classloader
[ivy:retrieve] impossible to define new type: class not found:
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SFTPResolver in [] nor Ivy classloader
</log>

Do you track this by issues, too?

b) the evictions are included again in the graph and reports, this seems fixed

c) the dependencies hirarchy is still not shown. All dependents are shown as
directly connected to the top level moduleC. I will report this in a moment.

2. actual 1.4.x branch snapshot

a) build with ivy-1.4.1 succeeded
b) eviction is broken there for my configuration as with the 1.4.1 release

3.
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/downloads/latest/ivy-1.5.0-incubating-dev-20070308022022-bin.zip

Same bahviour as 2.0.0-alpha1, evictions as expected but no longer being
reported and dependencies hirarchy is not shown.

Regards,
Johannes Stamminger

--
!!! NEU/NEW !!!     vvvvvvv
Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]
Koenigsberger Str. 17, 28857 Barrien           Ground System Eng. (TE55)
+49 4242 169582 (Tel + FAX)              Huenefeldstr. 1-5, 28199 Bremen
+49 174 7731593 (Mobile)             +49 421 539 4152 (Tel) / 4378 (FAX)

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission