ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: artifacts of evicted module
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:28:34 GMT

Hi!

On Monday 25 June 2007, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 6/25/07, Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stamminger@astrium.eads.net>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi again!
> >

> > Our workaround was so far to use the all-conflict manager instead.
> >

> > Today I found the time to extract a sample configuration of our more
> > complex
> > setup. And it revealed, that the problem is not with modules providing
> > their
> > dependencies themselves by way of delivered ivy files. But with external
> > libs
> > whose artifacts are referenced from a module's ivy file, there the
> > problem appears. With moduleA referencing libX-1.0 with:
> >
> >         <dependency name="libX" rev="1.0" org="COTS" conf="compile,
> > development, deployment">
> >             <artifact name="libX" conf="compile"/>
> >             <artifact name="LICENSE" type="license" ext="txt"
> > conf="deployment"/>
> >             <artifact name="libX" type="source" ext="src.jar"
> > conf="development"/>
> >         </dependency>
> >

> > and another module referencing same libX but in version 2.0 by way of:
> >
> >         <dependency name="libX" rev="2.0" org="COTS" conf="compile,
> > development, deployment">
> >             <artifact name="libX" conf="compile"/>
> >             <artifact name="libX" type="license" ext="jar.license"
> > conf="deployment"/>
> >             <artifact name="libX" type="source" ext="src.jar"
> > conf="development"/>
> >         </dependency>
> >

> > the eviction of libX-1.0 fails (note the different namings for the
> > license artifact).
> >
> > I have a complete running example available - but as I read from previous
> > mails, attachments are stripped. So I cannot provide it here but will
> > attach
> > it tomorrow to a new issue ... unless you believe my way of referencing
> > libX
> > being not correct ... ?
>
> You can open the issue, your referencing is correct.

Thanks for the confirmation! The bug is now filed in

Regards,
Johannes Stamminger

!!! NEU/NEW !!!     vvvvvvv
Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]
------ ----<--{(@ ------------------                        EADS ASTRIUM
Koenigsberger Str. 17, 28857 Barrien           Ground System Eng. (TE55)
+49 4242 169582 (Tel + FAX)              Huenefeldstr. 1-5, 28199 Bremen
+49 174 7731593 (Mobile)             +49 421 539 4152 (Tel) / 4378 (FAX)

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647