ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: artifacts of evicted module
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:53:09 GMT

Hi again!

Our workaround was so far to use the all-conflict manager instead.

Today I found the time to extract a sample configuration of our more complex
setup. And it revealed, that the problem is not with modules providing their
dependencies themselves by way of delivered ivy files. But with external libs
whose artifacts are referenced from a module's ivy file, there the problem
appears. With moduleA referencing libX-1.0 with:

        <dependency name="libX" rev="1.0" org="COTS" conf="compile,
development, deployment">
            <artifact name="libX" conf="compile"/>
            <artifact name="LICENSE" type="license" ext="txt"
conf="deployment"/>
            <artifact name="libX" type="source" ext="src.jar"
conf="development"/>
        </dependency>

and another module referencing same libX but in version 2.0 by way of:

        <dependency name="libX" rev="2.0" org="COTS" conf="compile,
development, deployment">
            <artifact name="libX" conf="compile"/>
            <artifact name="libX" type="license" ext="jar.license"
conf="deployment"/>
            <artifact name="libX" type="source" ext="src.jar"
conf="development"/>
        </dependency>

the eviction of libX-1.0 fails (note the different namings for the license
artifact).

I have a complete running example available - but as I read from previous
mails, attachments are stripped. So I cannot provide it here but will attach
it tomorrow to a new issue ... unless you believe my way of referencing libX
being not correct ... ?

Regards,
Johannes Stamminger

--
!!! NEU/NEW !!!     vvvvvvv
Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]
Koenigsberger Str. 17, 28857 Barrien           Ground System Eng. (TE55)
+49 4242 169582 (Tel + FAX)              Huenefeldstr. 1-5, 28199 Bremen
+49 174 7731593 (Mobile)             +49 421 539 4152 (Tel) / 4378 (FAX)

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission