ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject artifacts of evicted module
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:07:17 GMT

Hi,

we just try to switch our dependencies management to use ivy (v1.4.1).

Today we were faced with a problem with the default conflict management of
artifacts provided by an evicted module.

The situation as it presents to us seems to be like:

moduleA-1.0 provides artifactA
moduleA-2.0 provides artifactB (important: the artifact's name, not (only)
it's version, changed)

moduleB-1.0 depends on moduleA-1.0

moduleC-1.0 depends on moduleA-2.0
moduleC-1.0 depends on moduleB-1.0

In that case there is a conflict and the default conflict manager resolution
is to evict moduleA-1.0. But still it is tried to download artifactA - but
from moduleA-2.0's directory ... and of course this fails.

Is this expected bahaviour?
Or do you expect some wrong definitions in our ivy configurations to cause
this?

Regards,
Johannes Stamminger
--
Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647