ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Scott Goldstein <sgoldst...@apache.org>
Subject product submodules
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:59:19 GMT
I have a use case in which a product contains a number
of submodules which can be used individually.  So, in
essence, the submodules are identified by:

organization/product/revision/submodule

It doesn't appear that Ivy has such a notion in its
depedency resolution mechanism.  Am I correct?

I could replace one of these tokens with the "branch"
element, but I don't think that this was the intended
purpose.

I suppose another approach, here, would be to write a
custom DependencyResolver in which for the module, I
would specify something like "product:submodule" and
my resolver would split these up and apply them to a
pattern.

Are there any other approaches that would make more
sense?

Thanks.

Scott