ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Oystein Aadland <ivy_listu...@lookoutpoint.org>
Subject Re: Problem with transitive dependencies
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:32:27 GMT

Well. I've been browsing the source code and it looks like this works if I
put explicit includes for the missing Module C artifacts in Module A.

I thought that putting a dependency for a spesific configuration by default
means all artifacts for that dependency. It certainly works that way if
there's no other "conflicting" modules in the dependency list.

This smells like a bug to me. In the code (IvyNode.loadData) a dependency is
only loaded if it hasn't been loaded before (first if). At the end of this
method explisit includes are added. If my assumption about what should
default be included is right then all artifacts for the given configuration
should have been added if the include list is empty.

Anyone out there that nows if my reasoning is correct?

Oystein