ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From testn <te...@doramail.com>
Subject tagging
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:12:45 GMT

Hi,

I think I can see another use case of ivy as follows:
1. You build a library and publish it as QA release.
2. Once you deploy the application and QA people test it and it is ok
3. You would want to tag the same jar as STAGE tag
4. When you want to deploy the same jar to STAGE environment, you would need
to get the STAGE version
5. and you would do the same thing for production version.

I would like to know whether there is any mechanism in place to do something
like this... Do you think "latest.integration" is already good enough for
this? I just think this use case is not like "branch" or "release" since you
can have multiple tags on the same version and the tag can move along the
version as time goes by.