ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From testn <te...@doramail.com>
Subject ivy:retrieve performance
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:28:46 GMT

Hi,

I have a couple comments regarding ivy:retrieve.
1. It seems that when I turn "sync" option on, ivy:retrieve will copy files
from .ivy folder to lib folder everytime even though files in lib folder are
updated. It should have an option to check file size and timestamp to ensure
that the file is updated.
2. The buffer in FileUtils.java is too small. It's set at 8192. It seems to
be much better for me to set it much larger. This is due to the fact that it
needs to read and write simultaneously. The bigger the buffer is, the
smaller number of time, HD header has to move. For me, 65536 seems to
perform much better but I haven't tried other numbers.