ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: tagging
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:16:50 GMT
What I would do implement such a use case is to use different repository.
I would put a QA repository, a staging repository and a release repository.

When you want to promote a release you can use ivy install task to copy
dependency from one repository to an other.

I would prefer this approach because I don't like the idea of changing a
repository. Changing/versioning meta-data is something that has already been
discussed and will certainly come back again.  But for the moment we don't
have nice solution for that.

Now, it is also possible that we miss some features to support build
promotions from one repository to an other.  (I think to meta-data
transformation, dependency checks, or something else).

If you feel such features are missing, don't hesitate to raise a jira
feature request.

Gilles